Monday, March 21, 2016

March 14, 2016

Hello everybody!! It's a new week! First miracle that happened, we went on exchanges Thursday and without Elder Day around I actually was able to talk to everyone on the street about something that then turned into a gospel oriented discussion! So I was pretty happy that I finally got that down. Every week I'm reminded that I probably am in the best area for member meals. You know that when you have pot roast twice and honey glazed ham and cheesy potatoes all in the same week that you're probably spoiled...Guys, I'm actually worried that I might actually perhaps maybe get a little husky... but unfortunately we can't have pets, so it looks like I'll just get fat. To make matters worse, Elder Day flat out refuses to go run with me in the mornings! I never thought that I'd be concerned with the members feeding me so many too dang tasty meals... but hey, I guess that's a good problem to have.
(:

Because of something to do with the mtc, this transfer is an extra week long, so they're next week, not tomorrow. It's weird to think that I've been out a whole transfer already, it feels like just last week I was in the mtc.

A really huge miracle was 5 nonmembers coming to church. Anna brought a friend, one of the priests brought a friend, some other family brought someone, and this one lady we're teaching named Diana came to church (that's the miracle). Diana is this funny old lady who was married to a member for something like 56 years before he died last year. Before he died she wasn't too interested in meeting with the missionaries, but she told elder Day that she wasn't taking his death as well as she had thought. the missionaries have been teaching her for about 7 months and she would always have plans on Sundays that would prevent her from coming to church. So this is the first time that she came to church in all that time!!! (the relief society president says she came to church when her husband died, but she doesn't remember that so I won't count it) Elder Day and I were praying so hard that she would want to come to church because we knew that the only way she would start to progress was if she finally got to church. Then we went to her lesson and she said right after the opening prayer that she wanted to come to church... The church is true guys!

So yeah, you could say it was a pretty good week. ;)


Okay! Spiritual thought time!
The experience with Diana had me thinking about how God answers our prayers. the easy example to give is Joseph Smith, but we aren't always going to receive an answer quite like that every time. I've found that God answers our prayers through other people. The experience with Diana is an example. I know that God is mindful of every little prayer that we say, He want's to bless us and loves us more than any of us could possibly comprehend. I love all of you so much!
Stay faithful Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment