Monday, April 18, 2016

April 11, 2016

Hello everyone! I don't know if you have the new mission blog (apparently they stopped updating the one on blogspot last may) but here it is! http://nevadarenomission.com/
Things have been pretty cool around here. My companion Elder Corry said that I would only see lightning about 2 or three times on my mission, and one of those times was earlier this week. This whole week has been really rainy, which is weird because it's Nevada. I loved it though, you forget how much you miss rain when you're living in the middle of a mountainy desert. The views are awesome though. The people are pretty cool too, and they'd be even cooler if they would just hear what we have to say... But I'm not bitter... Agency is an important part of Heavenly Father's plan, even though it can be super frustrating sometimes. It's funny, I think I actually know how He feels when I choose not to obey Him, and if I feel this bad about it, how much worse does He feel when His children choose not to accept Him. The fullness of the gospel is a tremendous gift that we have been given, but we cannot enjoy it completely until we try to share it with everyone we meet. (we don't all have to wear tags though) Every day I find myself feeling torn between wanting to feel bad that my brothers and sisters don't want to hear the wonderful news of the restoration, and not wanting it to interfere with the work. I always knew a mission was hard, but I could never imagine just why it was so. Don't think this means that I don't like being a missionary, although it's hard, I have the witness of an apostle of the Lord that the strength I don't have to complete the work here will be given to me if I give all the strength I do have. The work of spreading the gospel is the most important thing we could do in this dispensation. Whether it's talking to your neighbors and friends about what you believe or raising children in such a way that they will know to choose the right and be an example for others doesn't matter. We all should be continually focused on sharing the gospel in all we do.

Not much else happened this week... we're still working on filling our teaching pool...

Stay righteous!
Reno Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment