Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016

Hello once again from the glorious land of Sparks! We didn't have much happen this week lesson-wise, but we did a lot of cleaning up of the Red Hawk area book. It's kinda disappointing when people leave the church because someone offended them... but hey, it happens, just don't let it happen to you, ok? Matt 13:21

On a much more positive note, Ed E. blessed the sacrament yesterday! I don't think I told you much about Ed and Dee E. They were the baptism that I stumbled into my first week, so I didn't really help prepare them for baptism, but I'm helping them get used to church life, so far so good! they love it. Ed was ordained a priest last week, and yesterday was his first time blessing the sacrament. they are doing awesome!

It's always intrigued me how Alma uses the same wording in Alma 32, talking about the fruits of a testimony as Christ does, talking about the waters of life in John 4.

  • John 4:14

    14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water "springing up" into "everlasting" life.
  • Alma 32:41

  • 41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree "springing up" unto "everlasting" life.

Well, I said it was a pretty slow week. See you next week!


A few weeks ago, we sent Elder Stotts a package, but it got there right after his transfer.  He just got it and he put it to good use.  We included a store bought pizza crust and all the fixings for pizza plus some Halloween candy.


I got the package! it was on a day that I was going on exchanges and they didn't have a dinner appointment, so we had Pizza! I also made one for lunch and had it with Elder Carpenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment