Tuesday, October 18, 2016

August 22, 2016

Forget the black widow, check out this monster I found on the side of our house while I was cleaning off spiderwebs today! We named him Aragog...


This guy was HUGE! If I held him in my palm, his legs would spill over the sides of my hand. The belly was about the size of a 50 euro cent piece, or a little smaller than a quarter. Does anyone know what kind of spider this is? if so, could you tell me? It looks nasty...

We had Zone conference this week! My favorite thing I learned about was the rule of 7. The basic premise is that it takes people about 7 solid positive experiences with the church before they are baptized. The assistants trained us on how we can get that number closer to 7 with everyone we meet, one contact at a time. It really changed my perspective on talking with everyone. Before I was talking with everyone, trying to find 7's, I was trying to find those people who are prepared, now I'm looking to also help prepare people in addition to looking for those "Pineapples" as they called them.

This is also super applicable to just members too! Whenever you invite a friend to a church sponsored party or picnic or whatever, it's helping them to be more prepared to receive the gospel. Inviting people to church seems a lot easier now, doesn't it?



Let me know how your own personal missionary efforts are going! write me!:
4730 Shurz highway
Fallon, NV 89406

Stay righteous y'all!

Thank you for sending me a camera that takes really nice pictures!

HI DEF Spider pictures!
Zone Conference!

-The Fallon zone! (and the Assistants: Elder Woolsey and Elder Krey)
Aragog had a friend...Yes, we named her Shelob, Elder Sorenson and I are both nerds (:Here's a picture of the two of them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment