Tuesday, October 18, 2016

August 29, 2016

Hello everyone! This has been a rough week. It started out well enough. We had a good district meeting on Tuesday, and we were able to teach this semi-active family who have two 8 year old granddaughters who are getting ready for baptism this next month. Our bishop told us to go teach them the lessons to help them prepare for it. We've got only one more lesson to go! The don't count as convert baptisms since they've been blessed. 

So far so good.

But then the next morning I woke up at 4am with a fever of 102.6, so we called the mission nurse in the morning, she said to take it easy, take fluids, and use ibuprofen. I was thinking this was going to be a one day thing and then everything will get back to normal. So I did what she said and tried to rest. Well, day two wasn't any better. Once again we stayed cooped up all day because my temperature wouldn't go below 101. but then, Friday morning around midnight, I woke up feeling like I just popped out of the toaster. We took my temperature and found that I had a fever of 104.4. We drove down the the emergency room where they helped me out a bit and did some tests to see what was wrong with me. (we actually woke up one of the members of the stake presidency who was the CEO of the hospital because we didn't know where it was and our zone leaders weren't waking up to our calls)  They determined that it was some kind of virus and so I couldn't do anything but treat the symptoms and sleep it off.

And so, poor Elder Sorenson had to stay cooped up all week with his dying companion. He was so bored he drew out a piano and started practicing on it... (see first picture below) 
I love my companion... (:
Also the stake presidency was reorganized yesterday, our bishop is the new stake president, so we'll need a new one soon... If I had a nickel for every time I lost my bishop to the stake presidency, I would have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice right? Especially since I've only had 2 stake conferences on my mission. Watch out Dad...
Lizzy Spoke at the why I believe fireside! She said that ever since she was baptized she has been happier than she ever has been in her life! This is true! The gospel is true! It WILL make you happier than you have ever been in your life, and when you embrace it more fully, you will see the joy of the gospel touch every part of your life!

Due to Physical difficulties with elder Stotts' brain this is basically everything that happened this week. I learned that being sick on your mission stinks, especially when it goes for more than one day. Don't get sick on your mission... Stay healthy, stay active in the church, stay in school... STAY RIGHTEOUS Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment