Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 3, 2017

Hello everyone! Transfer Calls came last night, Elder Davis is going to Carson city, my new companion will be Elder Yost (Pronounced y"oh"st) He was in the MTC with Elder Davis so I actually know him, this is the first time I knew my companion before I was companions with them.
This is also only the 3rd companion I'll have that I'm taller than. I'm not a short guy, but I've had a lot of really tall companions.
Other than that, General Conference was a blast! I went with a couple questions and they were all answered!  I'll share one with you all: One of my questions was "how can I learn to recognize and follow the spirit?" There were at least 3 talks focused on that question. My favorite one was Elder Stevenson's talk, even though he was talking specifically to primary children, we should all listen to his counsel about how we should "Stay close to the Spirit and he will stay close to you."
I'm so grateful we had this opportunity to listen to the words of prophets and apostles these last couple days. I noticed a trend, there were a lot of speakers who focused on inviting us to do the basics, to read the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, pray and attend church. I add my witness to theirs that if we keep the basics of daily worship in our lives, we will have much greater power over the temptations of the devil, our testimonies will grow stronger, and we will eventually reach our goal of living with our father in heaven. I know that these things are true, I know the book of Mormon is true, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and I know that Jesus Christ lives!


Stay righteous Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment