Saturday, April 22, 2017

January 9, 2017

Hey Guys! First things first, I got transferred to Ely! 

I'm so grateful that I was able to serve in the Spanish Springs and Red Hawk wards, even if it was only for 2 transfers (or 3 months for you normal people). I will be serving in the Ely 1st ward and the Garrison branch. Garrison covers the only part of Utah that is in our mission, so I can say I served my mission in Utah!
I don't know my new companion, elder Davis, But I know he's from Utah, and I'm his second companion, So I'm excited to work with him!

Next, Clara got baptized! And her mom came to it! She's super solid, I'm glad I was able to teach her the lessons. Standing next to her is her Friend who introduced her to the church, Aubrey Borino. Brother Borino baptized her. See how powerful a simple invite to Youth activities can be? That's how it started, Aubrey Invited Clara to the youth activities, which she liked, and then invited her to church! That's all it took!


Third, We get to hear an Apostle on Saturday! D. Todd Christofferson is coming to a mission wide conference this Saturday! So it looks like I'll be making the 6-7 hour drive to Ely 3 times this week.  But I am DEFINITELY not mad about that.

Other than that we almost drowned with how much rain we got! Jk, There was just a lot of puddles everywhere, granted they were really big puddles. Some of the roads were also recommissioned by the rain into rivers. We weren't able to help, but tons of people were sandbagging all day Friday and Saturday. They said that it was going to be a once in 50 year flood, but they had another bad flood just in 2006, so I guess now it's a twice in 10 year flood ;)
I forgot my camera, so I can't show you pictures... sorry...

A little bit about Ely: It's in the mountains, so it gets cold and lots of snow, like Minnesota! Minus the mountains of course. The Ely Zone is in a 3 way tie for the smallest zone in the mission, there are only 8 missionaries and 1 district. I think it's about 2000 people "large" and it has a whole stake, granted it's a small stake. I'm excited! one of the things I miss being here in Sparks was how little snow we had, but I don't have to worry about that anymore!

Stay righteous Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment