Saturday, April 22, 2017

January 16, 2017

Hello everyone! My first week in Ely wasn't really spent in Ely. I spent the night in Sun Valley with the sparks zone leaders on Tuesday, and then spent 6 hours on the transfer van headed to Elko, where I got to see elder Carpenter again! I got excited to see him and slipped on the slush... And then Elder Davis and I drove 3 hours down to Ely. AAAANNND then on Saturday we got up early to drive 5 hours to Reno for a mission conference with Elder Christofferson! He was accompanied by Elder Pearson of the seventy and Elder Larkin of the Area seventy. We had a Q+A session with Elder Christofferson and I certainly learned a lot from the experience. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to talk with an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Ely is awesome!  It isn't the biggest town, but people are So much nicer here. They actually want to talk with you! I feel like I'm going to be here a long time. I'm definitely happy about that!

One thing I learned from the meeting with Elder Christofferson is that I need to be grateful more. The Lord is anxious to bless us, and how he want's us to develop an attitude of gratitude! It makes life so much easier! 

Stay warm! Unless you're my parents, then you should stay cool, have fun in Florida!!





No comments:

Post a Comment