Thursday, January 18, 2018

April 24, 2017

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! The biggest miracle that happened this week was that I didn't get sick until Tuesday night... Turns out I got sick because I took antibiotics a couple months ago when Elder Davis and I had strep throat and it also killed the good bacteria in my gut. So I bought some yogurt today, hopefully that will prevent me from getting sick again. I took it easy Wednesday to fully recover. During that time I was able to read the scriptures a lot, so it wasn't all bad. And you all know how much I've come to love the scriptures while I've been a missionary. We also went to church in Garrison yesterday. It's a decent sized branch, there are a lot of ranchers out there and a couple of service missionaries who work on the Church owned welfare ranch that's out there. There are lots of really good people out there in Garrison. We'll be able to go out there more often now that the stake has called a couple people from Ely to attend the branch out there. we'll hitch a ride with them on Sundays, hopefully we'll be able to go there every week now since the branch meets at 9 and the 1st Ward meets at 1. We'll see. 
I forgot to take pictures again this week, sorry... but we have interviews with president Chesnut this week AND exchanges So I'll have something to send home.
Well I have to go now. One big thing I've learned is that you never want to break any commandment. It is true that keeping the commandments is always easier to deal with than breaking them. Any pleasure we may feel we get from breaking commandments will be enormously outweighed by the blessings we recieve by keeping them.

Stay righteous Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment