Thursday, January 18, 2018

June 26, 2017: So Long Ely!!!

Well, transfer calls came, I'm heading about 3 hours north to Spring Creek. I'll be covering the Spring Creek 1st and 3rd wards.

Here's my new address:

247 Greencrest drive
Spring Creek, NV 89815

Just in case you wanted to send me letters

Well, it's sure been an adventure here in the Ely obscurity, From the many miracles I've seen here to the seeing The Guy who runs down the street with arms sprad eagle like he's always finishing a marathon, with an open jacket with no shirt on with a rat's nest for hair and sagging his jeans forgetting the all-important underwear... I'll miss him...

My new companion is Elder Pike, he was just finished being trained by one of my former companions, Elder Carpenter, Who goes home on Wednesday!

Rest in peace elder carpenter

I'm excited for spring creek. Everyone who has served there loves it.
While I will definitely miss the people here, I know I will meet a lot more people in Spring Creek. I'm sure elder Jarnagin and Elder Yost are going to see many miracles, ESPECIALLY since they will be in a biking area! HA! I will be driving the car to Elko and it won't be coming back! Our area is pretty small, so it's not that big of an issue.

The third ward sisters popped their tire after they had dinner in our area, and since they didn't know how to fix it they asked us to do it for them... I wasn't completely sure how to do it, I had done it before, but elder Yost worked on cars during his free time back home, so it was no problem for him. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to be his companion.
We also did a lot of service this last week, moving people in, out, in, out, and so on... we emptied out a freezer and took some funny pictures with it.

Well, Wednesday will start a new chapter in my mission, I excited to see how it goes. But I can rest assured that whatever happens, it will be for the best, because "If God be for us Who can prevail against us?" JST Romans 8:31. That makes perfect sense doesn't it? If we have the All-Powerful Creator of the Universe on our side, what do we have to fear? Fear itself becomes illogical, there is no reason for us to fear anything if we know that we are on good terms with God. I hope you always remember that.

Stay righteous Y'all!

Elder Stotts

Some picture from this and last week. I forgot my camera at our apartment last week. 
Elder turner in a freezer.

some recent converts

my favorite cat in Ely

the sisters' donut



No comments:

Post a Comment