Thursday, January 18, 2018

August 21, 2017: Watch Out Satan, I Have a Testimony and I'm Not Afraid to Use it..

Hello everyone! This week was awesome. First off, Wyatt was baptized! He is such a solid kid. The story of how he was found is also pretty spectacular, the missionaries were running into brick walls as far as work goes, they were trying everything they knew how to do and nothing was working. So they decided to call some people that  the records said has moved to find out if they really had actually moved. They called Wyatt's mom and lo and behold, she hadn't moved, and she said that her son was actually interested in taking the lessons. This gave the missionaries a reason to rejoice for about 6 days, then they were both transferred and elder Pike and I were put in to reap the rewards of their diligence. Thank you Elder Lopata and Dosdall! 
The eclipse is pretty cool, We just got about 93% as I've been writing this it's kinda sad that we were so close, yet so far from seeing it, but hey, 93% is cool too. 
Elder Skinner is such a stud! I don't even feel like I'm training him, he has such a great desire to work hard, which makes it really easy on me. 

The title of my email today is a quote from a missionary homecoming from yesterday. He was talking about the war in heaven, he quoted Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;"
A testimony is what we used to defeat Satan in the Pre-earth life, and that is what we need to use to defeat him now. The biggest concern we need to have in this life is strengthen our testimonies so that we can resist the temptations of the Devil.

Stay righteous y'all!

Here's some pictures from my week!-
A less active's cat had 10 kitttens

Wyatt was baptized


Look at the difference between my old shirt and a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment