Thursday, January 18, 2018

July 17, 2017: Summer in Spring Creek!

Hello Everyone! This week was awesome with zone conference and interviews with president Chesnut back to back. It was awesome to see my first companion Elder Day for his last zone conference, but because he's an assistant he  had already borne his final testimony...  So I didn't get to see it. )':

 On Sunday I saw one of my old ward mission leaders from the Hawthorne ward, he told me about the great things that are happening in Hawthorne and how President Chesnut said that they could get missionaries there full-time in September! I Got really excited to see one of my old areas booming with success.When I covered it, we covered the Fallon 6th ward as well and we could only go down to Hawthorne once a week. Having A set for Hawthorne will be really good for that ward, there are a lot of members who want to work so much more with the missionaries. 

I Love being here in Spring Creek, The Members are awesome and are so supportive of missionary work. I seem to have worked predominantly with kids for my entire mission, and this area is no different, We have Wyatt, a 10 year old set with a baptismal date of the 19th of August, and another 10 year old that we will be setting with a date shortly named Colby, both are from part-member families, so hopefully we will be able to start working with Their nonmember parents as well (They both have 1 each). 

We turn our car into the shop tomorrow because elder Carpenter dented it Pretty bad his third to last day in the mission field...  So we will be on bikes for a week or two! I always wanted to serve in a biking area, but I didn't think it would happen like this.

Oh well that's about it. Always remember that God is on your side, Even when we mess up, we can still always repent. That;'s the beauty of the Gospel, it doesn't matter what we do, we can always return into the arms of Christ.

D&C 18:11-12

11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
12 And he hath risen again frothe dead, that he might brinall men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
13 And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
Stay Righteous Y'all!

-More sunsets


-Thank you for noticing

-The Elko zone again

-Elder Day and I! (Flashback to 18 months ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment