Thursday, January 18, 2018

June 12, 2017: So you thought it was summer...

I keep reading emails from other missionaries saying how awesome it is that summer is finally here, and then I look outside and it's snowing... Gotta love Ely! Miracles keep happening! President Chesnut asked all the missionaries in our mission to kneel and pray at 9:15 for us to find the people that the Lord is preparing. So far, it's been working VERY well. Just this Last week we found 2 new investigators who we helped move in. Their names are Peter and Amanda and they have a 2 year old son Tristan. Amanda's pregnant and is due in October. They are so happy to be meeting with us, I don't think I have built as much trust as I have with them in less than a week with any other investigator I've ever taught. I'll keep you updated with their progress!

 I've been thinking a lot about the Book of Mormon (naturally) and about how central it is to our conversion. It's been said that we cannot know Jesus Christ if we do not know Joseph Smith. He being the primary revealer of Christ in our dispensation. We are told that our Dispensation will have God's word through the Prophet Joseph. He being the medium through which we recieved the Book of Mormon and the majority of the sections in the Doctrine and covenants, as well as the Pearl of Great Price. I testify that The way that Joseph smith was the Primary Revealer of Christ in this dispensation was that he translated the Book of Mormon. It does bring us to CHrist more than any other book can. It is the way we learn of Christ and his doctrine. I know that it's true, It is the word of God. that is why we must read it every single day.

Well that's about all the time I have.

Stay righteous Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment