Thursday, January 18, 2018

July 24, 2017: Saddle Up the Aluminum Horse!

Hello Everyone! Life is good in the Gorgeous land of Spring Crick!
We are having a great time biking. I feel the promise in D&C 84:33 being literally fulfilled, although it is a lot harder to get around in our area, as we are diligent in our attempts to magnify our callings as full time missionaries, I especially am finding it much easier to bike up the many hills in our area. I'm grateful for this trial that has come upon us, although at first I have to admit that I was a little whiny about it. But one day I had a major change of attitude, I was genuinely grateful for this trial. I have said to myself many times when I had a hard thing happen to me, that all was for the best, but it never sunk as deep as this did. It seemed to come from within, I was happy that I had the car taken away from me. I know that the harder trials we have the greater blessings we will receive. I'm happy to do all that the Lord calls me to do.

There's a Family with 13 kids by the name of Stott here. I was super excited when I saw their name on the ward list.

the three stakes that are in Elko and Winnemucca had a 75th anniversary celebration when the first stake was created in the area, the Humbolt stake. As part of the celebration the had the missionaries that were in Elko and Spring Creek  sing Called To Serve. So we got to watch it. It was pretty cool, the Spanish branch did a neat dance with authentic Mexican gettup. 

Well that's about all that happened this week. Just remember when a tough trial comes your way, think of me struggling to bike up these hills in Spring Creek. That should make you feel better...

Stay righteous Y'all!
-Our car (his name is Jarvis, because he's so high tech) with the massive 2 week fix (thank you Elder Carpenter)

And there was a massive fire just outside of Elko last monday. It's all scorched now.That's the smoke, we could see it from Spring Creek


-Biking!


-At the Stotts!

No comments:

Post a Comment