Thursday, January 18, 2018

November 27, 2017: I Eight so much for Thanksgiving

Hey Everyone! I hope Y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love this opportunity we have each year to start off the Holidays by refocusing on what the season truly is all about. We need to always have gratitude for the tremendous gift of the atonement of Jesus Christ. In the world nowadays it seems that many have forgotten how important the divine trait of gratitude is. I'm grateful that I live in a country that has a holiday set aside to express gratitude. So while you were fighting off the tryptophan from your thanksgiving dinner, I hope you took a minute to thank your Heavenly Father for the ultimate gift of Jesus Christ's Atonement. Many times we are too quick to judge this or that of something someone has done, thinking that they are a terrible person because of it. Lately I've thought of what a seemingly unbridgeable gap it is between God and myself, and I've become more aware of the grace and mercy God would need to be able to see that a wretched man like I am (not to mention the Billions just like me) is fit to be saved. It's seems to me quite a bit more than just a step down or two. I am indeed grateful that Christ had love enough for each one of us, that He went through what he did to save us. I boggles my mind that we meant that much to Him. I testify that it is only because Christ endured the Punishment for our sins which caused Him "to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that [He] might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—" that we are able to be redeemed from our foolishness and sin. As we enter this Christmas season, let us all remember that we wouldn't have Christmas without Easter.

I went on exchanges with one of our zone leaders this week, Elder Clark. I served with him over a year ago while I was in Fallon. He's a fantastic missionary, and I certainly learned a lot from our exchange.


Stay Righteous Y'all!

Oh, and Elder Casablanca shredded his Baby cow on his gears when he crashed on his bike this week. Here's some pictures and some pictures from when Elder Clark was a Greenie.











No comments:

Post a Comment