Thursday, January 18, 2018

June 5, 2017: Pioneer Children Sang as they Drove and Drove and Drove...

Hello everyone! It was that time of the transfer again, Zone conference! Which means a long 3 hour drive Thursday night to stay with the Elko 4th ward Elders, zone conference all day, and a long 3 hour drive back to ely, I'll include a map so you know just how in the middle of nowhere we are. 
Zone conference was really good! We had some good trainings on how to work with members and other missionary stuff. My favorite part was seeing my former companion, Elder Carpenter, bear his final testimony. I loved being with elder carpenter, he taught me so much and is a very powerful teacher. The group of missionaries that he's going home with is a very solid group. We'll certainly miss them and their contributions to the mission. That being said, missions never really come to an end, we are always on a mission. The defining characteristic of my mission has been how close I have gotten to my Father in heaven. That's what happens while you are on a mission, I've learned to listen better to what He tries to say to me, and probably even more so, to accept and follow what He tells me. It's true that God makes so much more out of our lives than we can when we turn everything over to Him, no complaints, no but's, no " I'll only do it if [this] happens." Hand over your entire soul, everything you are and hope to be, over to the Master. If we do not, we will never amount to anything compared to what we could have been. Keep the commandments simply because they are commandments, and for no other reason. Each prompting we receive from the spirit is a commandment from God, and we should treat it as such. 

Well, there's my 2 cents

Stay righteous Y'all
Zone Conference in Elko

No comments:

Post a Comment